Time to get this blog shaking again. Quickly approaching my sixth anniversary here, and it’s time for some new material. Things have been very quiet around here, primarily because I’m a new father. If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, you already know this. I care for the baby during the day, and when he’s asleep or otherwise occupied, I pursue the glamorous lifestyle of the struggling writer. But he’s an infant, and they ain’t low-maintenance.
What time I do have to write is largely filled with work for Serious Eats. If you’re not following me there, please do. Recent topics have included …
- Cachaça — Is it is or is it ain’t rum?
- Rum — what it is, where it comes from, and how it’s made
- Five essential highballs, and a recipe for the Cuba Libre
- A look at Christmas drinking traditions
- A guide to making cocktails for a crowd, including a recipe for a large batch of Manhattans